- Recycling Pick-up: Wednesday
- Recyclables should be placed at the curb the night before pick-up.
NO NEED TO REMOVE: paper clips, stamps, address labels, staples, metal fasteners, cellophane, address windows, rubber bands, spiral bindings, plastic tabs.
- PLEASE: Flatten All Cardboard Boxes. Empty And Rinse All Containers.
- PLEASE Do Not Include:
- PLASTICS plastic film, plastic bags, paint, pesticides, oil & cleansers, VHSNCR tapes, phones, computers, etc., needles or syringes, Styrofoam, to-go containers, organic material, and food waste.
- GLASS window panes, mirrors, ceramics & Pyrex dishware, paint, pesticides, oil & cleansers, organic material and food waste.
- CANS AND METAL ITEMS scrap metal, needles or syringes, paint, pesticides, oil & cleansers, electronic waste (batteries, cell, etc), phones, computers, etc.
- PAPER stickers or address labels sheet waste, waxed paper or waxed cardboard paper to-go containers.
Information from our Recycling Plant (what can and cannot be included in your recycling bin)
- Residential Guide to Single Bin Recycling
- Aluminum Recycling Facts
- Cardboard Recycling Facts
- Glass Recycling Facts
- Paper Recycling Facts
- Plastic Recycling Facts
- What NOT to Recycle
- Resource Efficiency in the United States
STYROFOAM RECYCLING - PACKAGING PEANUTS ONLY
Polystyrene Packaging Peanuts
(Reused at locations such as Mail Boxes, Etc., Mr. Postman and Postman Plus)
Mail Boxes, Etc. 64 E. Uwchlan Ave. Exton PA
|Peanuts must be in plastic bags. Do not include any other Styrofoam products||Mail Boxes, Etc. 1554 Paoli Pike West Chester PA 610-692-6076||Peanuts must be in plastic bags. Do not include any other Styrofoam products|
Township recycling is picked up by Opdenaker, who will provide residents with a Recycle Can for a one-time fee. To obtain your Recycle Can, please contact Opdenaker.
For questions regarding the Township's recycling program, call 610-399-8383 (Ext. 107) or email Geoff [at] thornbury.org.
If you do not wish to utilize the Township's Recycling Program, you may contact a private contractor to pick up your recycling.
Water Conservation Tips from Chester Ridley Crum Watersheds Association. More Information...